Synopsis donald judd was an american artist whose rejection of both traditional painting and sculpture led him to a conception of art built upon the idea of the object as it exists in the environment. Donald juddmetals the artists materials eleonora e nagy isbn 9781606065686 a leading figure in the minimalist movement in the visual arts donald judd 19281994 pioneered the use of industrial materials and techniques avoiding traditional substances and the direct use of his own hands while recent decades have witnessed a proliferation of art historical studies of the. Consideration of two pieces in the exhibition and the way in which judd combined materials within his work one of the most significant american artists of the post war period donald judd changed the course of modern sculpture this exhibition is the first substantial retrospective of his work in
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.