Before the 19th century trade was strongly linked to colonialism over the early modern period transoceanic flows of goods between empires and colonies accounted for an important part of international trade. The global trade network study play global trade network afrom the 15th to the 19th century a pattern of global trade flows emerged mainly based on mercantilism b15th to the 19th century cchina india and southeast asia have been for centuries the origin of trade flows mainly involving g luxury goods spices silk tea porcelain etc d. In this engaging new study john wong examines the canton trade networks that helped to shape the modern world through the lens of the prominent chinese merchant houqua whose trading network and financial connections stretched from china to india america and britain
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.