In what is art three assumptions are made about the aesthetic character of art the first is that art is a form of communication the first is that art is a form of communication the term communication subsumes two further concepts. Aestheticism was a late 19th century european movement based on the idea that art exists for the sake of its beauty alone the movement began in reaction to prevailing utilitarian social philosophies and to what was perceived as the ugliness and philistinism of the industrial age. Examples of aesthetic theories of art include imitationalism formalism emotionalism and instrumentalism these four theories are commonly used to set the criteria that is used to evaluate a work of art
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.