Madeleine vionnet built an empire by rejecting corsets and buttons in favour of the bias cut in the third instalment of bofs fashion history series we find out that at its peak vionnet had 26 ateliers and employed 1000 staff but the couturier preferred the privacy of her study to meeting clients or running a business. Madeleine vionnet was called the queen of the bias cut and the architect among dressmakers vionnet is best known today for her elegant grecian style dresses and for introducing the bias cut to the fashion world
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.