Pericyclic reactions pericyclic reactions are the concerted reactions involving reorganization of electrons which occur by the way of a single cyclic transition state characteristics of pericyclic reactions the pericyclic reactions occur in single step and hence there is no intermediate formed during the reaction. Pericyclic is the name for the family of concerted reactions involving no charged intermediates with a single cyclic transition state the word pericyclic comes from how the electrons flow round the outside of the ring. Pericyclic reactions require light or heat and are completely stereospeci c that is a single stereoisomer of the reactant forms a single stereoisomer of the product we will consider two categories of pericyclic reactions electrocyclic reactions and cycloadditions
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.